Open Source Engineer
About The Position
We are expanding the team and looking for an engineer experienced in open source development and the cloud native ecosystem.
Aqua Security provides the next generation of Cloud Native security solutions, and open source has been a core part to our DNA and strategy. Our world-class open source engineering group has produced some of the industry’s most successful open source security solutions like: Trivy (security scanner), Kube-bench (Kubernetes compliance), Kube-hunter (Kubernetes pen-testing), Starboard (Kubernetes-native security toolkit).
About the team:
- Globally distributed, and remote first (work from home, flexible schedule)
- Work exclusively on open source projects, public on GitHub, using your personal GitHub credentials
- Contribute to other community projects related to cloud native security
- High autonomy, low ceremony. You are in charge of a project including its product and roadmap decisions
- Impactful and influencing both within the company and across the industry
- Share your work with the world by public speaking at meetups and conferences, YouTube videos and blog posts
You can see our work here:
- Go programming language
- Linux fundamentals, and “system engineering” orientation
- The cloud native landscape of projects and technologies
- Kubernetes development (i.e developing controllers, CRDs, using client-go, understanding Kubernetes’ architecture)
- Extra points for: Demonstrated participation in industry working groups (e.g CNCF/Kubernetes/OpenSSF SIGs), or some background in information security
Now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a late stage start-up widely known for being the largest pure play cloud native security vendor, focusing exclusively on cloud native technologies such as containers, serverless, VMs and Kubernetes. We recently secured $135M in series E funding pushing us over $1B in company valuation.