AVP, Sales - Federal
About The Position
Aqua Security is a UNICORN! We bridge the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation. We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact.
- Total of $265M in VC funding – Most Recent Series E funding event March 2021 with a Pre-money valuation ($1B), and TAM of $17B
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM)
- At the forefront of open-source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
Aqua is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated AVP, Sales to lead and grow our federal business. The AVP, through their leadership, will play a key role in expanding Aqua’s market share and revenue through the growth of key Federal customers. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and growing a professional seasoned Federal sales organization, including coaching team members, and ensuring plans are being executed and goals are met.
The AVP, Sales must be an inspiring leader with established contacts in the federal space and demonstrated skills in identifying and closing new business in the Federal Government Sector. Aqua has developed an excellent reputation in the Federal Sector and we are looking to expand and grow our client base. You will be responsible for leading a successful team to identify and close large complex deal transactions, sales pipeline development and driving new and existing business growth.
- Grow Aqua sales market share and revenue through the successful execution and management of an acquisition strategy for Federal and SLED.
- Successfully hire, manage, train, develop and motivate a world class professional Federal sales team.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement through the assessment and management of sales activities and forecasts to determine sales progress and required improvements.
- Drive a consistent sales approach across team and manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics that drive desired sales outcomes, revenue achievement and profitable growth.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Form sales strategies to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Partner with each team member to develop and implement business and sales plans to achieve sales quota.
- Ensure the team effectively leverages sales tools and systems consistently and in alignment with Aqua Rules of Engagement.
- Identify emerging markets and trends that could be valuable to the business and understand the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Assist with managing Federal customer relationships and participate in closing opportunities, forging beneficial long-term relationships.
- Proven sales leader with 7-10 years’ experience leading success sales teams selling to the Federal Government, ideally in Enterprise SaaS and/or software sales.
- Demonstrated success increasing revenue in growth companies within the Federal Sector and a consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals.
- Extensive experience and key contacts within targeted federal agencies to include DHS, DOJ, DOS, DOT, DOE, and numerous system integrators.
- Solid understanding of government procurement processes, regulations, and agreements.
- A record for attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Passionate about leading, inspiring, and motivating team members.
- A strategic thinker who also loves to work side by side with sales executives in a sales cycle.
- Successful experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations.
- Successful experience building and managing a federal team with impressive revenue growth.
- Experience in a global high-growth technology company. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members.
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate & close complex contracts.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills both with internal stakeholders, external partners/customers and within a global organization. Analytical in nature, data driven and excellent reporting and forecasting skills.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Alignment to Aqua core values and operating with high integrity and respect.
- Ability to travel (post COVID) up to 70%