Product Marketing Manager
About The Position
This is an exciting opportunity to drive and influence the conversation in the dynamic, growing cloud native security industry on Aqua’s Product Marketing team. The cloud native security industry is still taking form, and our challenge on the Product Marketing team is to both define the category as well as position ourselves as the cloud native security leaders. As a Director on the team, your voice and experience will be critical in helping define the messaging frameworks we use, the initiatives we prioritize, and how we organize for success. You will not only be a critical hand on the Solutions side, looking into spaces such as IoT, Telecommunications, and the Finance vertical, you will also take on a piece of the portfolio to position and message our value across new launches. This role will require a fair amount of content creation, customer research, content and messaging strategy. The ideal candidate will be poised, organized, strong in both storytelling and understanding the technology, and able to influence while managing through uncertainty. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Product Marketing.
This role requires a well-rounded, experienced, and motivated Product Marketer who is strong in driving customer insight, creating messaging and campaign frameworks and knows how to work across all stakeholders to drive value. This person will be self-motivated, have a strong willingness to get his/her/their hands dirty, be hands-on with the product, and will have been a demonstrated thought partner with Marketing, Sales and Product teams. The requirements include a background in product marketing for cybersecurity, application development or developer tools, with strong capabilities around content creation and project management. This person should be a continual learner, motivated and empowered by engaging in a new, dynamic space. They should be a strong communicator, with the ability to provide a clear value proposition across audiences with different perspectives (including internal audiences).
What You Will Do
- Execute on new Product launches
- Define and work on new Solutions focal areas
- Mentor and develop junior product marketing managers
- Create consistent, relevant and impactful content aligned to overall themes
- Conduct constant customer research
- Deliver on relevant marketing campaigns, including campaign frameworks
- Enable the field with the latest trends
- Drive pointed analyst conversations
- Educate internally with customer insight and messaging
- 6+ years in Product Marketing for B2B cybersecurity, application development or developer tool companies
- Experience across the full suite of Product Marketing capabilities including Solutions, launches, analysts, PR, messaging, positioning, content, business strategy, etc.
- Communication skills, translating messages according to different audience care-abouts
- Presentation skills
- Proven fluency and capability in learning new technical skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Poise and emotional intelligence to drive clear goals and results in informal, ambiguous environments
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with cloud native architectures
- Previous experience managing teams
- Previous experience in adjacent areas such as journalism, research, product management, etc.
Aqua Security Software, founded by IT security veterans, recognizes that application containers present the next major development in data center technology. Containerized environments create a new opportunity to reinvent application security – more effectively and efficiently than ever.
Now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a hyper-growth start up, but still small enough to make a big impact. We have cool employees around the globe, and aside from being a leader in a hot industry of container security, we love to laugh and have fun!