Software Engineer - Core Runtime Team
About The Position
The Core Technologies Group at Aqua is looking for an experienced software engineer who is innovative, versatile, and passionate about cloud technologies, to join our top-notch team of software & DevOps engineers, who shape the future of cloud-native security.
As we rapidly grow, we are expanding our strong, high-performing team by recruiting highly professional and creative software engineers, enthusiastic about software, security, open-source technology, and building scalable distributed systems.
In our group, you will be working in a fast-paced environment where creativity and innovation drive our decisions. You will be facing with challenging engineering projects that require deep understanding of system design principles. You will work and partner with our biggest customers and your actions will have a tremendous impact on our business.
This is an amazing opportunity to join the Core Technologies Group as we lay the foundation for a new disruptive solution for investigating and stopping advanced cyber-threats.
In this position you will:
- Design, develop and maintain our resilient core software infrastructures (write code in C/C++ and Go), working with our research, product, and open-source teams. With a focus on low latency, scalability, and low resource utilization.
- Optimize code for extreme performance constraints of latency, memory, and storage.
- Be responsible for the architecture, design and development of frameworks and features that impact multiple teams.
- Take full responsibility and ownership of your projects, from definition and design, through development and testing to post-deployment.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, researchers, product owners and designers, to identify and solve challenging problems in cybersecurity and to build a new product line.
- Build, embed new technologies and maintain our core Agent infrastructures.
- Plan and execute PoCs to assess new technologies and products.
- Work with experienced and talented engineers in a CI/CD environment with cutting edge technologies.
- Work in an environment that supports individual growth.
- BSc. in computer science or equivalent engineering experience from an elite military unit.
- Mastery of C/C++ (at least 4 years of experience).
- Experience with complex SW multi-threaded environments
- Passion for performance and system bottleneck analysis
- Strong foundation with software engineering best practices, design patterns, and code optimization
- Strong design skills of detailed prototypes and experience with performing usability testing.
- Ready to take end-to-end ownership of a product lifecycle: design, build, ship, measure, and maintain our backend services.
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure
- Excellent communication skills and high ability to lead and motivate.
- Be a collaborative team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and accommodate well shift in priorities.
- Experience in modern C++11/14
- Experience with Linux Kernel, eBPF, Fanotify and other Linux event-driven APIs.