Software Sustaining Engineer
About The Position
We are looking for a talented software engineer who is innovative, passionate, and customer enthusiast to join our top-notch sustain development team.
Aqua's Customer Focus Development Group focuses on our customer needs for high-performing products, reducing the overall friction of major and minor issues emerging from the field.
Aqua is the largest “pure-play” cloud-native security vendor, focusing exclusively on cloud-native technologies. Aqua protects applications from development to production, across VMs, containers, and serverless workloads, up and down the stack.
As we rapidly grow, we are expanding our strong, high-performing team by recruiting highly professional and creative software engineers, enthusiastic about software, security, quality, open-source technology, and customers.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate closely with support, customer success, and customers to identify and solve challenging problems.
- Take full responsibility and ownership of your escalations and customer defects backlog, through the troubleshooting and development to resolution.
- Act as a focal point for extreme product situations and tightly scheduled issues involving management and CS to fast resolution.
- Work with experienced and talented engineers in a CI/CD environment with cutting-edge technologies.
- Work in an environment that supports individual growth.
- Make an impact on organization growth.
- BS in computer science or equivalent engineering experience.
- Must have proven skills in software development, at least one language. GO will be a big advantage.
- Proven skills in the development and maintenance of backend systems.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional troubleshooting experience.
- Experience in orchestrated and containerized environments - Big advantage.
- Must have solid knowledge in Linux systems and strong Cloud experience.
- A firm understanding of microservice architecture principles and distributed systems.
- Excellent communication skills – high verbality and working with closely customers.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- 3-5 years overall experience.
This is a rare opportunity to join a global late-stage startup that has recently become a Unicorn, but is still small enough for engineers to make a huge impact. You will have the opportunity to take full responsibility and ownership of your projects, from definition and design, through development and testing to post-deployment.