Full Stack Developer
About The Position
Aqua Security enables enterprises to secure their container-based and cloud-native applications from development to production, accelerating container adoption and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security.
We are building a state-of-the-art security platform for large enterprises in the exciting and innovative new field of software containers. Our systems are deployed on thousands of customer servers around the world. A distributed system to watch over distributed systems!
Our product is composed of multiple components, installed On-Premise in our customer's cloud environments and being offered as a SaaS solution as well; with plugins for various CI/CD systems and many more. Almost everything runs inside containers. It is written in Go - an exciting new language from Google, and heavily depends on free software/open-source components. Our web UI is currently written in Vue.js. We are primarily a Linux company, but our software also supports Windows and Mac. Our R&D team is comprised of both young and experienced developers who love what they do. We are using cutting-edge technologies in an environment that encourages new ideas and experimentation.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our R&D Engineering team. In this role, you will be working on our platform written on Go on the backend and Vue.js on the frontend and primarily responsible to design, develop, deliver, maintain Aqua CSP modules.
- Track record of delivering various features in large-scale applications with at least 7 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer, most preferably building a SaaS product.
- At least 5 years of experience writing, testing, and delivering production ready code in one or more of the following high-level languages: Go, Rust, C++, or Java. If you've already been writing in Go, that's a big plus.
- Experience in developing modern, SaaS-based environments
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming and experience applying modern design patterns
- Proficient in writing scalable, well-documented, tested REST API and RPCs.
- Experience with any RDBMS system (MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle) and/or any NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, or Couchbase).
- Experience with modern CI/CD deployment processes and running software in public cloud environments: AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Background in computer science concepts, with a focus on data structures, algorithms, and API design.
- A self-starter mindset – the ability to juggle multiple projects, to formal mentoring other engineers, reviewing code and design.
- Excellent communication, organizational and teamwork skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus.
- Experience writing multi-component systems or micro-services, with architectures requiring efficient inter-application communication.
- Are you a free software/open-source nerd? Do you maintain open-source projects? Are you a Hacker News reader? Do you remember the days when you had to compile your own Linux kernel? Do you believe it should be called GNU/Linux? Have you ever been in a fight with an Emacs user? Are you an Emacs user? well we do have the job for you!