Cloud Engineer (Cloud Security Development)
About The Position
About The Position
Aqua Security is building a state-of-the-art SaaS platform for large enterprises in the exciting and innovative new field of cloud security. Our open-core SaaS platform is used by thousands of developers, businesses, and enterprises to keep their cloud workloads secure.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our cloud security group and expand the capabilities of our SaaS platform. You will be responsible for developing new features and services for Aqua’s cloud security platform, automating its security controls and compliance scanning engines across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Platform (GCP), and delivering product updates to its APIs and UI.
The Aqua cloud security product is comprised of multiple components, based on an open source core engine, written in Node.js and deployed on top of serverless technologies in AWS. Our team is comprised of both young and experienced developers who love what they do. We are using cutting-edge technologies in an environment that encourages new ideas and experimentation.
What You Will Do
- Enhance the Aqua cloud security platform via the development of new backend features, microservices, and APIs
- Build, test, deploy, and maintain microservices in cloud environments that support new product capabilities in our cloud security platform
- Expand Aqua’s repository of open source cloud security auditing controls to cover the latest cloud services across AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Evaluate the newest cloud services for their security controls, working to develop recommended security best practices
- Convert cloud security whitepapers, documentation and API reference material to automated cloud security checks
- Automate adherence with compliance programs such as PCI, HIPAA and NIST in cloud environments.
- Work with Aqua customers to evaluate custom cloud architecture and build automated security policies
This position is based in our Hyderabad, India office.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience, preferably in modern, cloud-based environments
- Experience operating in a Scrum environment with the ability to create project plans, scope documents, and accurate timelines
- Experience writing, testing, and delivering software written in Node.js or Golang
- Experience building secure, performant, well-documented RESTful APIs
- Experience building services on top of relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience developing services that interact with cloud provider APIs – uploading files to AWS S3, querying lists of Azure VM instances, etc.
- Strong experience with one or more public IaaS cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- A strong software security mindset – you should know the ins and outs of common web application vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top 10
- Experience using version control (Git), and CI/CD-based deployment workflows
- Experience with compliance programs (PCI, HIPAA, NIST, SOC II, etc.) is a plus.
- An eagerness to try out the newest cloud services and evaluate their security controls. If you were trying out AWS Fargate days after it was announced, this is the position for you.
- A willingness to dive into the nitty-gritty of the cloud API docs, write proof-of-concept code, and explore new cloud architectures
- Experience with serverless or container platforms and orchestrators such as AWS Lambda, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus.