Manager, DevSecOps Architects
About The Position
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, you will directly and indirectly contribute to our goal of deploying Aqua solutions into our customers. The primary aim of the role is to manage the provision and delivery of architectural guidance on the installation, configuration and use of Aqua Security solutions by Customer Success Architects, working in concert with our Customer Success Leadership team. The output of your work is measured by maintaining and growing a team of Architects who are able to secure Aqua customer development pipelines, infrastructure and workloads running in a cloud environment.
- Directly manage the Architect team within your region on a day-to-day basis
- Set goals and growth targets for the Architects within the team in your regions
- Performance management of the Architects within your region
- Translate business goals from Customer Success and Professional Services into tasks for your team and individuals within the team
- Act as the escalation or elevation point for Support, Professional Services, Sales and Customers
- Maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Aqua Security product line and the underlying technologies and protocols
- Validate and Design customer solutions using Aqua patterns and deployment standards
- Solicit reviews from stakeholders and other SMEs
- A successful candidate in this role needs to have a strong background in full-stack cloud native security in the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of Cloud Native technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Platforms, Cloud Native Security ecosystem tools
- Comfortable coaching Architects in interactive workshops and individual interactions
- Able to identify challenges in the deployment of Aqua solutions and provide alternatives or solutions to these challenges
- Willing to develop new Architects within the team by direct and indirect guidance, training or other coaching techniques.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and translate into architectural guidance and designs for Aqua Security products
- Manage or oversee multiple customer implementations simultaneously
- Ability to coach Professional Services consultants both at Aqua and at our Partners
- Ability to operate as a customer advocate if required for product defects
- Ability to define Architectural work within a pre-defined project scope where required
- Ability to scope and manage the day-to-day work of projects independently
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
Technology and Tools:
- Collaboration and project management tools (i.e. Jira, Asana, Microsoft 360, Sharepoint)
- Familiar with the cloud native ecosystem platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with infrastructure
- Deep knowledge of container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and Rancher
- Systems administration experience with Linux, Unix or Windows
Teamwork / Other:
- Ability to collaborate with others in Customer Success and Sales – notably Support, Services, sales, product and documentation teams
- Proactive communication and self-education
- Commitment to lifelong learning and sharing of knowledge with peers
- Ability to travel to customer offices, and other Aqua offices, as needed (up to 35% of time)
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel and lots more!