Sales Operations Team Leader
About The Position
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Deal Desk Manager to work collaboratively across several different functions including, Sales, Customer Success, Support, Channel, Legal, Product and Revenue to ensure deals are structured and 100% compliant with Aqua revenue recognition and internal deal requirements.
A proactive, problem solver, with excellent communication and collaboration skills that can work in a structured manner and not afraid to roll up his sleeves to dive into business challenges and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
This role will also Manage the Global Deal Desk team that supports the Sales reps from quote creation to order fulfillment and license delivery. The Deal Desk Manager role is an integral part of the Business Operations organization and serves as a critical piece in process alignment and deal compliance.
- Lead a global Deal Desk team, handling the quote to cash activities
- Act as liaison between Sales and other key stakeholders involved in the deal structuring process (e.g., Sales Operations, Accounting, Revenue, Legal, Product, etc.)
- Focal point for escalations for any sales operation issues, to help move things forward
- Provide guidance and support non-standard Quotes
- Deal reviews
- Implement operational processes and support the adoption of new tools and systems
- Look for opportunities to create meaningful partnerships with the field and other stakeholders (trainings, forecast calls participation, etc.)
- Periodical training and Deal Desk enablement
- Assisting in other general Sales Operations projects and initiatives
- At least five years of proven experience in Deal Desk/ Sales Operations role in SaaS companies.
- Understanding of subscription model and revenue terms and principles
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal/quote management across Sales, Finance and Legal
- Strong user experience in Salesforce based quote-to-cash processes with CPQ tool (Salesforce CPQ is a plus)
- Strong structured problem-solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Great attention to details
- Strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Able to work in flexible hours, around sales quarters
- Cross-Cultural awareness
- Experience in people management
- Familiarity with NetSuite (ERP software)
- Academic degree
- Experience with a large Sales teams and fast-growing startup