About The Position
Aqua Security enables enterprises to secure their container-based and cloud-native applications from development to production, accelerating container adoption and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security.
We are building a state-of-the-art security platform for large enterprises in the exciting and innovative new field of software containers. Our systems are deployed on thousands of customer servers around the world. A distributed system to watch over distributed systems!
If you thrive in an environment that values teamwork, creativity, and quality results, while having fun in the process – Aqua is the place for you!
We are looking for a talented and motivated Technical Writer to join our Product team!
In this role, you will:
- Design, write and maintain technical content for our customers and field support personnel. This includes product logic and architecture, workflows, usage of our UI and commands, best practices, API references, and Release Notes.
- Take a hands-on approach to understanding the product and creating useful documentation. You will become a subject matter expert in Aqua’s products.
- Review and improve the quality of English-language UI components.
- Collaborate closely with our Product, Engineering, QA, and Customer Success teams as we go to market with new features and capabilities.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in writing very technical B2B-oriented product documentation (as a technical writer, systems architect, product owner/manager, or similar position)
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documentation at all levels: well-structured descriptions of what products do, architectural principles, workflows, scenarios and best practices. Need to understand and document the big picture as well as step-by-step product usage.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT, computer science, or engineering
- English as a first language, with excellent English writing, reviewing and editing skills
- Ability to take end-to-end responsibility for initiating and completing writing assignments
- Ability to self-manage multiple tasks in parallel in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to draw simple (even informal) block diagrams and flowcharts and explain them in orally and in writing
- Interest in learning and understanding new technologies and complex products
- Experience using content-oriented authoring tools (CCMS) with content reuse – advantage
- Experience working in an agile environment – strong advantage
- Experience with JIRA, Rally, or similar work management systems – advantage
- Knowledge of cyber-security, cloud-native technologies and/or DevOps – advantage
- Experience documenting APIs and/or the ability to understand APIs – advantage
- Experience preparing training materials, video tutorials and similar – advantage