Director, Product Marketing
About The Position
Aqua is seeking a dynamic, motivated Product Marketer to lead and grow a high-caliber team, reaching new levels of performance and impact in the hyper-growth, cutting-edge cloud native security industry. This is an exciting opportunity to lead Aqua’s core Product Marketing team and influence the conversation in a dynamic space targeting a diverse (and evolving) audience. Our challenges include both defining the category and positioning ourselves as leaders. As a Director on the team, your voice and experience will be critical in defining our messaging and positioning, how we organize for success across Product and Sales, and how we tell the story of Aqua to customers, prospects and the market.
You will be a cornerstone of the marketing organization, ensuring the voice of the customer in all of our marketing initiatives and forums. This role will require a fair amount of content creation, customer research, messaging, positioning and will report to the VP of Product Marketing.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, motivated Product Marketer who has a passion for customer value, loves learning and can draw on a breadth of different frameworks across launches, campaigns and customer insight. This person will be poised, have a strong willingness to be hands-on with the product, and can influence across Marketing, Sales and Product teams using data and facts.
The requirements include a background in product marketing for cybersecurity, application development or developer tools.
What You Will Do
- Deliver (and help to define) integrated company-wide messaging and positioning for the portfolio
- Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your product portfolio
- Work with your team to develop relevant and impactful content aligned to overall positioning themes and campaigns
- Become a subject matter expert on all things cloud native security
- Define a roadmap for and maintain a regular, relevant pace of customer research and field intel, including a win/loss program
- Map customer journeys required for guiding a campaign framework
- Staff and guide the development of a customer case study and reference program to promote customer success
- Work with sales enablement to regularly train and maintain product
- skills on the go to market team
- Brief analysts and manage inquiries to support the business
- Manage the market launch of new and updated products
- Lead, mentor and manage both senior and junior product marketing managers
- 5+ years in Product Marketing for B2B cybersecurity, application development, developer tool companies and cloud infrastructure
- Experience across at least 80% of the full suite of Product Marketing capabilities including pricing, solutions, launches, analysts, PR, messaging, positioning, content, business strategy, customer advocacy, etc.
- Communication and presentation skills, translating messages across differing audiences
- Proven track record of learning and applying new technical skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Poise and emotional intelligence to drive clear goals and results in informal, ambiguous environments
- Experience managing and developing teams
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with cloud native architectures
- MBA or relevant technical degree
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA:
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel and lots more!