GitOps Team Lead
About The Position
You'll be working in the DevOps team as a GitOps Team Lead, you'll be helping us build our CI/CD platform (and all tertiary services) used by the global Engineering departments.
The work is varied; from helping engineering teams deliver features reliably, to designing and implementing new DevOps tools and techniques, our team is proactive and always involved. We are a fast-moving team operating in a growing Security Cloud-Native Application Protection company, supporting engineers on the day-to-day delivery of high-quality grade product. We are growing 50% year on year and this is continuing at pace. We use a modern DevOps tech stack -Jenkins, K8s with all variants (AKS, EKS, GKE, OpenShift, TAS), BitBucket, GitHub, Python, Terraform- and GitOps and Agile working practices to get the job done.
As a GitOps Lead team you will aim high, embrace challenges and always do what's right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company's technical direction and long-term decision making.
Reporting to the Director of CloudOps, you will:
- Use code to solve problems. Configuration, infrastructure, tooling, and automation, everything must be solved by writing code.
- Helping design processes. You'll be working closely with feature teams to assist with the release of new products, as such there is plenty of scope to design processes that fit in with the overall direction but allow teams to deliver code to production reliably and at pace.
- Helping design architecture. As well as owning the delivery of solutions you will also play a part in designing the architecture, how it interacts with dependencies from a logical and infrastructure viewpoint.
- Growing together. You'll review others' work and happily seek feedback on yours to ensure we build a better codebase and sharpen each other's skills.
- Solid experience in either a DevOps or GitOps TL role with a keen interest in solving problems using code.
- Understanding of CI/CD and DevOps methodologies. You understand the build and deployment cycle of an application and how it fits into a global platform.
- Great Terraform Skills. All of our infrastructure is defined using Terraform and deployed using ArgoCD. You should have a good understanding of Terraform and be able to solve common issues.
- Containerisation. You have a good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes , functions and how you can leverage these tools to ensure there is zero downtime.
- Holistic view on application delivery. You understand the use of many systems, APM, monitoring, logging, alerting, scaling to build a robust platform for applications to respond to the varying demands from both external sources (traffic) and internal sources (feature team delivery) in a safe and controlled manner.
- Our Cloud Native platform is hosted in AWS. You'll be comfortable working with a system that supports users from around the world, at scale.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks, and processes change, we evolve and take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution.
Aqua is a unicorn in the exciting and fast-growing cloud-native security space, leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest organizations using containers, Kubernetes, and serverless.
Every Aquarian makes an impact. Our highly collaborative culture sparks bonds amongst Aquarians empowering us to boldly drive change. We thrive by constantly being challenged to deliver the best, most innovative technology solutions to our customers.
Join our team of cloud-native experts for a world of global opportunities and continuous career development!