About The Position
Aqua Security is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to become part of our new and growing Customer Education team, who will be tasked with determining the source content that will be produced into engaging, innovative, and interactive learning experiences for our customers and partners.
As part of the Customer Education team at Aqua Security, you will contribute to our overall vision of creating the right training for the right people at the right time. Our first goal is to provide both foundational and advanced courses delivered in a variety of formats including self-directed, virtual/live instructor-led, and virtual labs. These will be supplemented by webinars. We’re looking for someone comfortable with complex technical tools and creating world class learning experiences for others to help them gain proficiency. The output of our work is measured by happy, engaged, enabled and educated customers and partners, with the ability to maintain the effectiveness of our program at a global scale.
- Conduct robust learner needs analyses with technical subject matter experts, act as the investigative journalist to extract demonstrative and meaningful skills and behaviors customers need to have in order to maximize value and benefit from our platform
- Collaboration with multiple departments to stay abreast of product developments, build product familiarity, and consolidate learning activities
- Establish a solid technical curriculum and information architecture, content strategy in partnership with technical subject matter experts, product, support, and success teams
- Apply adult learning principles and sound ID methodology to craft a certification program anchored in good curriculum architecture
- Define the hands-on virtual lab environments and experiences
- Create instructional design documents, scripts, formative and summative exam questions, storyboards, based on input and feedback from subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Help administer Aqua’s Learning Management System (LMS). Maintain systems, create user profiles, create usage reports, publish SCORM, video, and other digital content, etc.
- Engage with multiple business units including customer success, support, product, services, and docs to stay up to date on the product and best practices.
- Maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Aqua Security product line and the underlying technologies and protocols.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of changes in modern instructional design best practices, standards, and trends.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in instructional design and developing learning content for SaaS products
- Proficiency with course authoring tools
- Technical writing experience an asset
- Experience with virtual lab environments preferred
- A portfolio of eLearning, video, and graphic design projects preferred
- Experience building eLearning content as SCORM or xAPI compliant modules
- Solid project management skills, ability to estimate scope of work and deliver on project milestones
- A love for exploring the latest technology to support innovative learning strategies and a passion for reflection on your programs with an eye to continuous improvement
- Ability to travel regionally and globally (once safe to do so), up to 15% of the time
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel and lots more!