Federal Partner Manager
About The Position
Aqua is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Federal Partner Manager to join our team. At Aqua, we do things differently than our competitors. Our philosophy is about hiring the best from around the world and enabling them to do what they do best. We are committed to leading edge technology, fanatical customer service, and growing our business. Be part of the team that is changing the way Cloud Native Security is done.
Aqua is experiencing phenomenal growth with no sign of abating. The Federal Partner Manager will be the lead for a virtual team focused on driving the adoption of Aqua technology in System Integrator Programs, as well as, driving Aqua sales via VAR and Distributor Partner(s). This is a senior individual contributor position that requires a blend of direct sales, channel knowledge and business development expertise.
This person will drive the System Integrator, VAR and Distributor adoption of Aqua technologies in their program initiatives. A successful FSI Manager in this role will:
- Build & maintain relationships within System Integrator, VAR and Distributor Accounts – understand the System Integrator business model and sales cycle, build relationships with the business development and program teams within the System Integrator, VAR and Distributors, be the point of contact for Aqua for System Integrators for program business in the assigned FSI targets.
- Understand the FSI, VAR and Distributor markets - know the key program management teams within the assigned FSIs, VARs and Distributors. Drive Aqua awareness and adoption into the key programs both pre-award and post-award.
- Understand the Aqua portfolio – Understand the Aqua story, solutions and technologies; understand & relate specific FED focused Use Cases for Aqua solutions; communicate new end-user mission and technical requirements to Aqua.
- Push awareness in the System Integrator, VAR and Distributor FED Organizations - elevate Aqua's strategic status with key System Integrator, VAR and Distributors partners, drive executive capture & technology relationships, push go-to-market solutions that will allow System Integrator, VAR and Distributors to discriminate in the FED market and influence end-user customer requirements.
- Assist with FED Program sales strategies –engage & coordinate with end-user FED sales reps; engage Aqua FED capture management to develop program specific value propositions; identify the relevant FED System Integrator, VAR and Distributors and points of contact; build ongoing and program specific call plans with System Integrator, VAR and Distributors; develop program bid strategies with Aqua Leadership.
- Drive adoption of Aqua technology during Program Capture Phase - execute program specific call plans; push program focused value propositions; arrange demonstrations and deep dives; negotiate positions on System Integrator, VAR and Distributor teams; ensure System Integrator, VAR and Distributors are getting proper proposal & technical support; help System Integrator, VAR and Distributors win program business.
- Drive adoption of Aqua technology in existing programs – understand the key existing programs in the FED market and the System Integrator, VAR and Distributors who hold the contracts; develop relationships with System Integrator, VAR and Distributors program leadership; show how Aqua solutions can minimize costs, meet schedules & service level agreements, and/or expand the contract scope.
- Manage a program specific funnel of both pre-award & post award opportunities.
- Responsibility for bottom line sales via the System Integrator, VAR and Distributor channels.
- 10+ years’ experience in technical sales and business development roles with enterprise IT technology vendors. Proven success in carrying a quota in a SI Director and Channel Sales capacity
- Strong knowledge of the FED Sales Cycle and Programs
- Demonstrated success in working with FED System Integrator, VAR and Distributors in a sales and business development capacity
- Demonstrated success in winning run rate, strategic and million-dollar Federal Government orders, and contracts
- Demonstrated success in establishing teaming agreements with multiple System Integrators, VARs and Distributors
- Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing on, and driving solutions selling and product marketing for application and platform software, especially in the context of major partnerships
- Strong demonstrated expertise and experience in working with government procurement and contracting.
- Demonstrated success in creating and negotiating corporate agreements with Major System Integrators, VARs and Distributors
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and platform software is desirable
- Ability to travel 30%+
- Technical or Business undergraduate degree desired, MBA a plus
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player. Strong drive. Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities a MUST.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA:
Aqua Security is a UNICORN! Founded in 2015, Aqua Security is a global late-stage start-up widely known for being the largest pure play cloud native vendor, helping enterprises secure their cloud-native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding – Most Recent Series E funding event March 2021 with a Pre-money valuation ($1B), and TAM of $17B
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM)
- At the forefront of open-source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to be your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel, and lots more!
The Complete Cloud Native Security Platform ☁️🔒
#aquasecteam #cloudsecurity #aquaseclife