Sr. Manager, Customer Success
About The Position
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, the Sr. Manager, CS will play a critical role in achieving Aqua’s goals in this high growth organization. This is a unique opportunity to lead the strategy of Customer Success while being accountable for the execution of our CSMs who focus on ensuring the adoption, maturity, renewal, and growth of Aqua’s customer base across North America. The right candidate for this position has an unrivaled passion for the customer journey and a vision for people & process development.
The North American Customer Success team is responsible for working with new and existing clients to ensure their success in using Aqua’s solutions. As the manager of this team, you will develop the overall renewal and adoption strategies, and collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to deliver superior customer experiences. You will be responsible for being the voice of the customer by understanding the customer’s business goals and developing the roadmap to secure loyalty & long-term customer retention. The Sr. Manager, CS will develop tactical plans, execute on those plans, and measure results to ensure client satisfaction and reliable recurring revenue. The Sr. Manager, CS will provide leadership, guidance, and training to an existing team of CSMs. You will bring your experience to coach, plan and hire within a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment that impacts to the overall success of Aqua. This position will require you to challenge the status quo, inspire innovation, and design a strategy that drives results.
This is a remote position based on the West Coast US or Boston, MA.
- Lead, train and scale a powerhouse team of Customer Success Managers
- Drive the team towards achievement of key performance metrics: Renewal Rate, On Time Renewal %, Customer NPS, and upsell/cross sell lead generation
- Optimize CS initiatives and help CSMs understand customer’s objectives and use cases
- Work alongside regional sales leadership and our partners to ensure the achievement of regional operational metrics and targets
- Be a trusted advisor to customer executives, serving as a strategic partner who guides them to getting maximum possible business value
- Improve processes that increase customer lifetime value, and prioritize where we invest our resources and efforts with customers
- Work cross-functionally to drive key business objectives supporting high profile client deployments, new product rollouts, installations, and client escalations in partnership with sales, operations, professional services, product management, engineering, architect and technical support
- Inspire a customer first mindset within the company and advocate for customers internally
- Use data to keep track of customer health scores, track performance, forecast retention, and create customer insight and provide visibility and reporting on Customer Success performance through the delivery of KPI reporting
- Operational account planning, including portfolio allocation, account segmentation, forecasting and capacity planning
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and leader, helping individuals grow in their career, while setting expectations on performance
- Manage customer escalations to create positive outcomes and mitigate churn
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years managing a customer facing team of CSMs supporting a complex software solution; SaaS-specific experience a plus
- 5+ years of customer success experience preferably within a multi-product software organization
- Be an analytical thinker with keen problem-solving; process and improvement development skills, with an eye for efficiency without compromising on customer experience
- Experience working with and collaborating successfully with senior level leadership
- Passion and demonstrated ability for mentoring and scaling a team
- Strong customer advocacy, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and inspire a team to drive company growth
- Excellent listening, negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable and willing to be a hands-on contributor, and work alongside the team
- Experience with SFDC (or equivalent CRM systems), as well as with CS tool
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors and international operation preferred
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA
Aqua Security is a UNICORN! Founded in 2015, Aqua Security is a global late-stage start-up widely known for being the largest pure play cloud native vendor, helping enterprises secure their cloud-native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding – Most Recent Series E funding event March 2021 with a Pre-money valuation ($1B), and TAM of $17B
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM)
- At the forefront of open-source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to be your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel, and lots more!
The Complete Cloud Native Security Platform ☁️🔒
#aquasecteam #cloudsecurity #aquaseclife