AVP, Sales – US West
About The Position
Aqua is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated AVP, Sales to join our growing team and lead our West teams. The AVP, through their leadership, will play a key role in expanding Aqua’s market share and revenue through the growth of our Enterprise and Strategic customers. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and growing a professional seasoned sales organization, including coaching team members, and ensuring plans are being executed and goals are met.
The AVP, Sales – US West must be an inspiring leader with demonstrated sales skills that include experience in large complex enterprise deal transactions, sales pipeline development and driving new and existing business growth.
- Grow Aqua sales market share and revenue through the successful execution and management of a customer acquisition strategy for the region.
- Successfully hire, manage, train, develop and motivate a world class professional Enterprise sales team.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement through the assessment and management of sales activities and forecasts to determine sales progress and required improvements.
- Drive a consistent sales approach across teams and manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics that drive desired sales outcomes, revenue achievement and profitable growth.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Form sales strategies to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Partner with each team member to develop and implement business and sales plans to achieve sales quota.
- Ensure the team effectively leverages sales tools and systems consistently and in alignment with Aqua Rules of Engagement.
- Identify emerging markets and trends that could be valuable to the business and understand the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Assist with managing key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities, forging beneficial long-term relationships.
- Proven sales leader with 7-10 years’ experience leading success sales teams, ideally in Enterprise SaaS and/or software sales.
- Demonstrated success increasing revenue in growth companies and consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals.
- A record for attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Passionate about leading, inspiring, and motivating team members.
- A strategic thinker who also loves to work side by side with sales executives in a sales cycle.
- Successful experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations.
- Successful experience building and managing a territory with impressive revenue growth.
- Experience in a global high-growth technology company. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members.
- Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate & close complex contracts.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills both with internal stakeholders, external partners/customers and within a global organization. Analytical in nature, data driven and excellent reporting and forecasting skills.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Alignment to Aqua core values and operating with high integrity and respect.
- Ability to travel (post COVID) up to 70%
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel and lots more!