Commercial Account Executive
About The Position
Aqua’s commercial sales team solves real-world security challenges for our customers. We are the only cloud native security provider securing the build, infrastructure, and running workloads of container applications. Fearlessly going toe-to-toe with any competition, we highly value our dedicated sales experts for the job they do. Whether you are looking to learn from the best, or simply be the best, there is a seat at the table for you at Aqua.
We are looking for a Commercial Account Executive who has a competitive spirit, personal drive and track record of success in sales. The position involves working with commercial accounts with revenues up to $1B to provide them with the correct Aqua Security services to meet the needs of their cloud native environments. Working in a defined geographic territory, you will proactively engage with targeted companies, inbound leads as well as assign existing accounts for renewal and upsell opportunities.
This position will cover the DACH region so candidates being considered must speak German.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales quota and objectives.
- Prospect and Qualify and close new and renewal/upsell business.
- Lead potential customers through webinars and discovery calls, provide information, influence their decision making.
- Effectively qualify leads and identify prospect needs, engaging Aqua resources as needed.
- Create client demonstrations presentations, quotes, proposals, and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develop and maintain business within existing accounts for renewal and upsell opportunities.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM and Outreach to provide timely and accurate sales activity tracking and status updates.
- Forecast sales activity and ARR achievement while creating satisfied customers.
- Keep informed of company products, enhancements developments and understand the Cloud native security space and competition to effectively leverage the Aqua message
- Previous sales and/or sales development experience in a quota driven role in a technology company.
- Experience in a fast-moving, start-up paced environment.
- This position requires the ability to hunt into new accounts, develop and maintain business within existing accounts.
- Presence and proficiency in social media such as LinkedIn preferred.
- Business forecasting, pipeline development and management skills are required.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, ethical, responsible, & self-motivated
- Ability to speak with Developers and Security Engineers about technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems is a plus.
- Fluent German speaking
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA
Aqua Security is a UNICORN! Founded in 2015, Aqua Security is a global late-stage start-up widely known for being the largest pure play cloud native vendor, helping enterprises secure their cloud-native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding – Most Recent Series E funding event March 2021 with a Pre-money valuation ($1B), and TAM of $17B
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM)
- At the forefront of open-source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to be your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel, and lots more!