Backend Engineer - Core Technologies Group (Data Platform)
About The Position
The Core Technologies Group at Aqua is looking for an experienced backend engineer who is innovative, versatile, and passionate about cloud technologies, to join our top-notch team of software & DevOps engineers, who shape the future of cloud-native security.
As we rapidly grow, we are expanding our strong, high-performing team by recruiting highly professional and creative software engineers, enthusiastic about software, security, open-source technology, and building scalable distributed systems.
In our group, you will be working in a fast-paced environment where creativity and innovation drive our decisions. You will be facing with challenging engineering projects that require deep understanding of system design principles. You will work and partner with our biggest customers and your actions will have a tremendous impact on our business.
This is an amazing opportunity to join the Core Technologies Group as we lay the foundation for a new game-changing large-scale data-driven SaaS platform using the best-of-breed cloud technologies.
In this position you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain our core systems, software infrastructures, working with our research, product, and open-source teams.
- Collaborate closely with engineers, researchers, product owners and designers, to identify and solve challenging problems in cybersecurity and to build a new product line.
- Take full responsibility and ownership of your projects, from definition and design, through development and testing to post-deployment.
- Build and maintain multi-tenant scalable microservices deployed as part of a SaaS product.
- Work with experienced and talented engineers in a CI/CD environment with cutting edge technologies.
- Plan and execute PoCs to assess new technologies and products.
- Work in an environment that supports individual growth.
- BSc. in computer science or equivalent engineering experience from an elite military unit.
- 5+ years of experience in building software platforms from the bottom-up, designing full-stack scalable software products, preferable in Java or Go.
- Hands-on experience with server-side/backend development for large scale system.
- A firm understanding of microservice architecture principles and event-driven distributed systems.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres etc.) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, AeroSpike etc.)
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure
- Strong design skills of detailed prototypes and experience with performing usability testing.
- Ready to take end-to-end ownership of a product lifecycle: design, build, ship, measure, and maintain our backend services.
- Excellent communication skills and high ability to lead and motivate.
- Be a collaborative team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and accommodate well shift in priorities.
- Experience in building data stream pipelines using big data frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, Elastic, Flink, Presto, etc.
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems in the Cloud.
- Experience with k8s, Helm, Terraform, Jenkins.
- Hands-on experience in SaaS development.