Director, Technical Product Marketing
About The Position
We are looking for a talented, motivated and technically-oriented Director to lead and build the Technical Marketing team at Aqua Security. This is an exciting opportunity to get into the weeds of the customer experience in order to help Aqua drive and influence the conversation in the dynamic, growing cloud native security industry. The cloud native security industry is still taking form, and our challenge on the Product Marketing team is to both define the category as well as position ourselves as the cloud native security leaders. As a Director on the team, your voice and experience will be critical in helping define the frameworks used, the initiatives we prioritize, and how we organize for success.
As the Technical Product Marketing team lead, you will work hands-on to arm internal teams with key technical, competitive and market insights, combining customer data and research to create valuable tools for the product discovery and sales process. You will proactively collaborate with the sales, presales, product marketing, product management, BD, research and open source teams at Aqua to match important market developments, threats and opportunities with updates, overviews and detailed collateral. These activities will inform Aqua’s products and go-to-market activities.
This role requires a well-rounded, experienced, curious, hands-on and motivated engineer with a Solutions Architect, Product or Engineering background who is strong in driving customer requirements, scoping demo and presentation flows, up-levelling technical messaging for an executive audience, and influencing across multiple stakeholders. This person should be a continual learner, motivated and empowered by engaging in a new, dynamic space, with strong people management and project management skills. They should be a strong communicator, with the ability to provide a clear value proposition across audiences with different perspectives (including internal audiences).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Mentor and develop a team of analysts and Technical Marketing Managers with various levels of competitive and Aqua-specific expertise
- Detail use-case specific demo flows (ideal and actual)
- Detail use-case and Aqua-specific RFI/Criteria lists, including filling out analyst surveys
- Provide a point of view to Product in the discovery and development phases of the product lifecycle to ensure decisions are made with full market and customer context
- Standardize competitive positioning of Aqua against the main competitors, and assist in positioning within alliance partners – reflected in battle cards, decks, cheat sheets etc.
- Assist on an ad-hoc basis in enterprise deals to position against competitors vis-a-vis the customer's requirements and use cases – set traps, address objections, diffuse competitive traps.
- Collect competitive insight from everyday interactions in the field, including but not limited to defining the competitive data captured throughout the Sales process in our CRM tool
- Create technical sales and marketing collateral including demos/scripts, reference architectures, presentations, videos and field training courses
- Establish a deep technical understanding of competitors’ capabilities and gaps on an ongoing basis
- Keep tabs of market developments, changes in the ecosystem, competitor announcements, changes in messaging, pricing, and activities.
- Establish a cadence of updates and communication to internal clients that is proactive, easy to consume, and adapted to various audiences.
- Create best practice guides for features and use-cases
- Create and hone a technical maturity model for use in both Sales and Marketing activities
- 8+ years in Engineering, Sales Engineering or customer-facing Product roles for B2B cybersecurity, application development or developer tool software companies
- At least 3 years’ experience with public cloud infrastructure, cloud security, application security, developer tools or other related cloud native technology
- Experience across the full suite of Sales Engineering or Technical Marketing capabilities including analyst surveys, RFPs, competitive analysis, demo and environment set-up, and events/presentations
- Communication skills, translating messages according to different audience care-abouts
- Presentation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong people management, mentoring and/or desire to train and make others successful
- Poise and emotional intelligence to drive clear goals and results in informal, ambiguous environments
Founded by security veterans, Aqua Security recognizes that cloud-native applications present the next major development in how applications are developed, deployed, and operated. This fundamental transformation provides a new opportunity to reinvent application security – dynamic, effective and efficient. The cloud-native way.
If you thrive in an environment that values teamwork, creativity, and quality results, while having fun in the process – Aqua is the place for you!