Director - Field Marketing APAC
About The Position
With a foot planted squarely in both the demand marketing team and our Asia-Pacific field organization, you will develop the overall marketing strategy for the territory, and drive execution of marketing activities across the region. With a goal of building both direct and partner-led business, you will work closely with (and through) global resources for PR, social media, digital marketing, events and product marketing to implement and track the programs you design to achieve the company’s targeted awareness and top-of-funnel lead goals.
Based in the region, and reporting to the Director of Global Field Marketing, the ideal candidate will have prior experience developing marketing programs to drive expansion across the APAC region for a high growth enterprise software company, preferably in the security, IT infrastructure or DevOps space.
As the marketing leader for the territory, you should have excellent communications skills and be able to work independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This person must have strong project management skills balanced with a broad tactical approach to managing the marketing mix for the overall territory.
This is a full-time position with a degree of flexibility regarding office location, and offers significant room for personal initiative, expanding responsibilities and professional growth.
- Partnering with the APAC sales leader to drive growth in this strategic region - create the territory marketing plan for APAC, prioritizing investments by country, and optimizing activities within budget guidelines
- Executing the plan tailored to the unique needs of the region
1. Leverage existing corporate programs and tune to local markets, guiding the functional marketing teams to optimize the digital marketing programs (SEM, SEO, content syndication) to maximize results for target languages
2. Select and manage local marketing activities and events – both face-to-face and webinars – utilizing events team resources for pre-event planning, resource staffing, and post-event follow-up
3. Managing external contractors as needed to achieve objectives (designers, translation services, etc.)
- Building the local brand through PR and social media to drive content downloads, event / webinar registrations, product trials and overall awareness of Aqua
1. Work in conjunction with corporate PR to support press and awards activity in APAC
2. Align with channels lead in territory to build partner-centric webinar programs and focused events within the region to build awareness and joint channel pipeline within defined geographies
3. Develop compelling localized content and landing pages to maximize response / conversion for events and online advertising, including managing translation services as needed to support local languages
- Establishing processes to enable and monitor follow-up / lead qualification and track pipeline metrics through channel sales, field sales, and sales development to ensure necessary information for closed-loop tracking and reporting of activities and pipeline contributions is captured
- Assist in product launches, major company announcements and internal events
- 7+ years of experience in B2B/enterprise software marketing is a must; familiarity with security solutions and/or the software development lifecycle is a plus
- Demonstrated track record establishing a marketing presence in APAC, and proven ability to build team as the business scales
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a plus
- BA/BSc in marketing/business/communications
- Superb analytical skills and results-driven approach
- Experienced in marketing automation, email and analytics tools, e.g. HubSpot, Salesforce.com
- Highly effective team player, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with strong project management skills
- Significant travel may be required to support events and partner programs (~30%)
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud-native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $235M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud-native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open-source cloud-native solutions and primary cybersecurity research
If you’re ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late-stage start-up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel, and lots more!