Director, Content Marketing
About The Position
We are looking for a talented, motivated and articulate Director to lead and build the Content Marketing team at Aqua Security. This is an exciting opportunity to push Aqua to the forefront in the minds of a new wave of ambitious cloud native practitioners and this role will have significant impact across the entire Go To Market team. The cloud native security industry is still taking form, and our challenge is to articulate and evangelize our unique point of view to a wide range of Operations leaders, Security practitioners and Executives with different consumption preferences.
As the Content Marketing leader, you will be a driving force for the editorial calendar, responsible for content across a wide variety of marketing initiatives, our voice across all marketing properties and how we organize our processes for success. You will be both a coach and a player, mentoring junior content managers while rolling up your own sleeves. You will be responsible for building out the necessary internal and external talent to meet the growing content needs of the business. This role reports into the VP of Product Marketing.
This role requires an experienced, curious, hands-on and meticulous content and writing expert who takes pride in his/her work. The ideal candidate will be organized, a strong project manager, able to measure the impact of his/her/their initiatives, and dedicated to team success and shared outcomes. This person should be a continual learner, with strong people management skills and experience driving a cross-functional agenda. They should be a strong communicator, have proven experience with highly technical content with the ability to provide a clear value proposition across audiences with different perspectives (including internal audiences).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and own the content marketing strategy, editorial calendar, blog and more to execute content that builds our brand and drives revenue
- Execute on blogs, whitepapers, videos and more to scale our point of view and thought leadership across multiple audiences
- Build in the in-house and external talent pool to scale content initiatives as needed across the website, campaigns, videos, and other content channels
- Work across the company including Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Open Source Engineering, Product Management and more on content creation and promotion to drive business results
- Stay on top of content trends and experiment with new ways to deepen audience engagement with our brand
- Own content performance measurement and provide insights into content’s influence on pipeline and revenue
- Create pools of content that align to Product Marketing themes and campaigns
- Create new initiatives to build Aqua’s voice and brand in the market through content
- Create guidelines for content voice that can be followed across the company
- 5+ years in content role for B2B cybersecurity, application development or developer tool software companies or news outlets
- At least 3 years’ experience covering public cloud infrastructure, cloud security, application security, developer tools or other related cloud native technology
- Experience managing teams and hiring external help
- Communication skills, translating messages to different audiences
- Acumen understanding deeply technical content and re-purposing for other audiences and purposes
- Presentation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong people management, mentoring and/or desire to train and make others successful
- Poise and emotional intelligence to drive clear goals and results in informal, ambiguous environments
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA:
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel and lots more!