Technical Marketing Engineer
About The Position
Aqua is seeking a detail-oriented, ambitious engineer to join the Technical Marketing team. This is an exciting chance to gain an intimate view into the nascent and ever-evolving cloud native security space, as well as influence sales outcomes the leading player defining the category. This role reports to the Director of Technical Marketing and combines customer data, research, insights about adjacent ecosystem companies and competing technologies in our target markets.
As an engineer on the team, you will be intimately connected with the Sales process and teams, and relied on as a subject matter expert by both Product and Product Marketing. Your voice and experience will be critical input to a broad array of deliverables, ranging from the product roadmap and customer interactions to how we tell the story of Aqua to customers, prospects and the market.
The ideal candidate will combine a passion for technology with proven fluency in either cloud native technologies, cybersecurity, developer tools or a related space. They will pro-actively keep up with the space and deliver on various workstreams simultaneously while getting hands-on with the product. They will also be able to see the whole picture, pulling key insights from deeply technical data, distilling key concepts for the Sales and Marketing teams.
What You Will Do
o Keeping tabs on market developments, changes in the ecosystem, competitor announcements, changes in messaging, pricing, and activities
o Work with sales enablement to regularly train and maintain industry knowledge on the sales team
o Technical reference architectures for ecosystem partners and solutions
o Use-case specific demo flows (ideal and actual)
o Technical sales and marketing collateral including demos/scripts, benchmarks, presentations, blogs, technical white papers, videos and field training courses
o Use-case and Aqua-specific RFI/Criteria lists, including work with analyst surveys
o Providing a point of view to Product in the discovery and development phases of the product lifecycle to ensure decisions are made with full market and customer context.
o Standardized competitive positioning of Aqua against the main competitors, and assistance in positioning within alliance partners – reflected in battle cards, decks, cheat sheets etc.
o Ad-hoc assistance in enterprise deals to position against competitor’s vis-a-vis the customer's requirements and use cases – set traps, address objections, de-fuse competitive traps.
o Collecting competitive insight from everyday interactions in the field, including but not limited to defining the competitive data captured throughout the Sales process in our CRM tool
- 3+ years in Engineering, Sales Engineering or customer-facing Product roles for B2B cybersecurity, application development or developer tool software companies
- At least 1 years’ experience with public cloud infrastructure, cloud security, application security, developer tools or other related cloud native technology
- Detail-orientation and time management to deliver on various projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Experience across some element of Sales Engineering or Technical Marketing including analyst surveys, RFPs, competitive analysis, demo and environment set-up, and events/presentations
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with cloud native architectures