About The Position
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in shaping the Developer Advocacy function at Aqua in an industry that is still taking form. As a key part of Aqua’s growing Developer/Technology Advocacy team, you will be responsible for helping to work with industry bodies like the CNCF on cloud native security and also increasing awareness, usage and quality contributions to Aqua’s industry-leading cloud native Open Source projects (Trivy, kube-bench, kube-hunter, Tracee, Cloudsploit and Starboard). This role reports in to Product Marketing as part of the overall technology advocacy team.
Cloud native security is a new, exciting space, and the Developer and DevOps practitioners attracted to Aqua are pushing the edge of the space. As such, this role requires a self-starter who is motivated to help others benefit from and understand the newest cloud native security technologies. The ideal candidate will not only have strong technical, writing and communication skills, they will also feel a drive to participate in pushing the limits of the industry and even the craft of developer advocacy, as it applies to DevOps and DevSecOps practitioners. This person should also be motivated by defining event, content and product strategy. First and foremost, this person will be the champion of the Developer and DevOps practitioners within and outside of Aqua, with high visibility across the industry, ecosystem, and within Aqua.
What You Will Do
- Stay on top of developments in the Cloud Native Ecosystem and attend key industry forums relating to Cloud Native Security.Write blogs, demos and give presentations in the most relevant channels and venues (which you will help determine) on Cloud native security topics.Evangelize Aqua’s Open Source portfolio inside and outside of AquaEducate the Developer and DevSecOps ecosystem on the critical requirements of cloud native security.Educate Aquarians on its Open Source Developer, DevOps and Security users.Come up with new ideas to engage and provide value to Developers and DevOps, for example, with tools like this: https://avd.aquasec.com/
- Must have 3+ prior experience in Dev Advocacy
- Must have experience as a software developer or DevOps practitioner
- Must have either used, or been a Dev Advocate for, Open Source technologies
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Has defined and measured Dev Advocacy KPIs
- Prior experience with Go and the Linux command line.
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes - ideally you will be a Certified Kubernetes Administrator. Strong knowledge of frontend and backend technologies
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience with Security engineers or Application Security
- Active participation in the CNCF, DevOps and/or Security communities
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265m in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research