IT Support Engineer
About The Position
Aqua’s Information Technologies (IT) team is a business enabler, committed to supporting company business by providing prompt and knowledgeable support to daily operations and employees. Evaluating and implementing emerging technologies in order to solve problems, enhance processes and services. Identifying and responding to changing needs of the company through fiscally responsible collaboration and innovation. Maintaining and keeping up-to-date software and hardware assets. As one of company core teams, IT is working with the entire organization, interacting closely with all company functions and employees.
This is a full-time position based in our Burlington, MA headquarters.
As IT Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing subject-matter expertise on the corporate IT. You will work closely with all company teams and functions to support the business, resolve issues and problems, introduce and implement continues improvements to corporate IT. Your responsibilities:
- Setup and installing new computers, networks and software.
- Respond to technical support calls from end users. Offer solutions that meet the needs of the client.
- Setup user accounts and profiles. Maintain user identity and access control in the company and conduct periodic access reviews.
- Install and configuring operating systems, anti-virus software and other corporate applications.
- Deploy patches and software updates.
- Introduce and implement IT projects, such as automation, end-point management, etc.
- Diagnose and fix software and hardware faults or network problems.
- Monitor the environment for licensing and operational capacities, maintain inventories of hardware and software.
- Constantly update IT standards and practices.
- Recommend and implement IT enhancements and improvements.
- Prepare, document and update standard operating procedures and protocols (SOPs).
- Support overall corporate IT program.
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills. The one should be able to explain complex IT matters in simple, non-technical terms. This person can multi-task, is self-motivated and a team player; is highly organized with high energy level and a can-do attitude. Required skills include:
- 3 years’ experience as IT Support Engineer or similar position in cloud or hybrid companies.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills and ability to work in demanding situations.
- Excellent hands-on experience and understanding of Linux, Windows and MacOS distributions.
- Experience in implementing, operating and maintaining modern IT footprint, such as SaaS solutions, video conferencing, remote work, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues.
- Familiarity with cloud (IaaS) computing environments (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud).
- Ability to translate a business need to a technology.
- Remaining up to date with changes in technology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player.
- An ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA
Did you hear the news? Aqua has reached “unicorn” status! After just 5 years, Aqua has received $135M in Series E funding. With this investment Aqua’s valuation now exceeds $1 Billion. This valuation is based on several factors including our consistent growth year over year, an impressive customer base to include many Fortune 100 companies, and the incredible team of Aquarians who bring their dedication and passion to their job every day! You can read more here: https://hubs.li/H0J03jn0
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to be your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel, and lots more!