Expert Software Engineer
About The Position
Aqua Security enables enterprises to secure their container-based and cloud-native applications from development to production, accelerating container adoption and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security.
We are building a state-of-the-art security platform for large enterprises in the exciting and innovative new field of software containers. Our systems are deployed on thousands of customer servers around the world. A distributed system to watch over distributed systems!
- We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our server team, in charge of developing Aqua's management console - a multi-component system with many responsibilities, performing various background jobs and large-scale data processing; supplying REST APIs, a web based UI and more.
- In this role, you will take part in further development of our management console, writing features across the entire application stack: SQL queries, business logic, background processes, REST APIs and web-based user interfaces.
- At Aqua, you will not be writing code for in-house applications. You will be writing code for large technology companies, banks, government agencies and multi-national chains.
- Our product is composed of multiple components, mostly installed on-premise in our customer's cloud environments, but also has SaaS components, plugins for various CI/CD systems and many more. Almost everything runs inside containers. It is written in Go - an exciting new language from Google, and heavily depends on free software/open source components. Our web UI is currently written in VueJS. We are primarily a Linux company, but our software also supports Windows and Mac.
About the Team
Embark in a powerhouse of innovation that enables enterprises to secure their container based and cloud native applications from development to production. We accelerate container adoption and bridge the gap between DevOps & IT security. At Aqua, our Research & Development team is comprised of both young and experienced developers who love what they do & is dedicated to developing cutting-edge solutions that ensure the highest levels of security in cloud native environments which also encourages new ideas and experimentation.
- Track record of delivering various features in large-scale applications or core systems with 6+ years of experience. .
- Experience writing multi-component systems or micro-services, with architectures requiring efficient inter-application communication.
- Experience writing in a high-level language such as Go, C++, Java etc.. If you're already writing Go, or spent a weekend debugging the worse memory leak ever, that's a big plus.
- Experience in writing code with vue.js and typescript.
- Experience writing APIs (either RESTful or not) and RPCs. If you've broken backwards compatibility for your customers once, and dealt with the fallout, we want you (to deal with the fallout again).
- Experience with RDBMS systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite) and/or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Couchbase). If you've written queries with more than two joins, or have a strong opinion of why an integer is better as a primary key (or maybe a UUID), we'd like to hear from you.
- Experience with any one of the Cloud providers such as AWS is a must
- Experience in provisioning infrastructure using IaC tools like Terraform/CloudFormation is a plus
- Experience In cloud Development such as Serverless - Lambda functions – SNS, SQS, EC2, S3 bucket (Must)
- Linux experience - Must
- Experience with Docker is must. Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus. If you can name one way in which a container is different than a regular process, you're golden.
- Are you a free software/open source nerd? Do you maintain open source projects? Are you a Hacker News reader? Do you remember the days when you had to compile your own Linux kernel? Do you believe it should be called GNU/Linux? Have you ever been in a fight with an Emacs user? Are you an Emacs user? Well, we have the job for you!
Aqua Security is the pioneer in cloud native security. Founded in 2015, Aqua Security is a global late-stage scale-up and the largest pure play cloud native vendor. Aqua helps enterprises see and stop threats across every phase of the software development lifecycle, from dev to cloud and back.
Why we’re unique:
- Total of $265M in VC funding, with a valuation of $1B+ and TAM of $25-30B
- More than 500 enterprise customers around the globe, across 40 countries including 40% of the Fortune 100
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM)
- The most loved cloud native open-source tools with the world’s largest open-source community tool for vulnerability scanning, Trivy
- The world’s leading dedicated cloud native threat research team, Aqua Nautilus
If you’re ready for an exciting opportunity to dive into the hottest cybersecurity category, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! While we are a global organization of 500+ employees, every Aquarian can still make a difference and make a big impact. Aqua also offers great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel, and lots more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Complete Cloud Native Security Platform ☁️🔒
#aquasecteam #cloudsecurity #aquaseclife