About The Position
Aqua is looking for a talented Controller who will lead our accounting and tax functions in the US. The Controller will be a key member of the Finance team, reporting to the Director of Accounting and Reporting. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of leader, having the ability to work independently, while managing a team. In this role you will be responsible for managing the US day-to-day accounting operations of a growing and fast-paced organization. This includes the implementation, monitoring and upgrading of internal controls to mitigate risk, enhancing the accuracy of the company's US reported financial results, and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). You will play an important role in building a world-class accounting operation, while partnering across the business to ensure our systems and processes are running smoothly.
We are a global advanced-stage cyber security start-up but are still small enough that you can make a huge impact. If you’re ready to challenge yourself, and you have experience in a global dynamic environment, this is a perfect opportunity for you to join us!
*This is a hybrid position base in our Burling MA office. Only local candidates will be considered.
What you will be responsible for:
- Day-to‐day management of Aqua US books: inter-company processes, general ledger, accounts payable, T&E expenses, payroll, and taxes
- Managing the monthly close by reviewing journal entries, accounts, and transactions, as well as general ledger reconciliations completed by our US finance team
- Managing AP and payroll functions
- Ensuring payables are recorded and processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Leading the transition of our payroll system from outsourced to in-house, including building and developing a supporting team
- Final payroll approval and supervision
- Maximizing payroll efficiency through innovative process development
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Overseeing US bank and treasury operations
- Developing accounting policies in compliance with all applicable standards and developing efficient processes and procedures to ensure compliance
- Demonstrating a high level of personal accountability, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement
- Working closely with external and internal auditors to support their reviews and audits
- Local responsibility for the global finance team objectives.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- “Big Four” accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of management experience, reporting to remote HQ, including management of the monthly close process and a team of 2+ staff members (operationally and professionally)
- Experience in a SAAS product company is an advantage
- Proven expertise of financial accounting and reporting according to US GAAP
- Strong grasp of state and federal taxes
- Experience with payroll, benefits and other compliance procedures
- Attention to detail and outstanding people skills – a must
- Experience working with NetSuite – an advantage
- Experience in working cross-functionally with different departments to collaboratively develop and promote financial goals
- Strong project management capabilities with demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient in MSOffice including advanced Excel skills.
- Expert in implementing various financial systems and tools
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA
Aqua Security is a UNICORN! Founded in 2015, Aqua Security is a global late-stage start-up widely known for being the largest pure play cloud native vendor, helping enterprises secure their cloud-native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding – Most Recent Series E funding event March 2021 with a Pre-money valuation ($1B), and TAM of $17B
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft, Google, IBM)
- At the forefront of open-source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you’re ready to be your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel, and lots more!
The Complete Cloud Native Security Platform ☁️🔒
#aquasecteam #cloudsecurity #aquaseclife