Payroll and Accounting Specialist
About The Position
If you’re ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global, late-stage start-up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe and aside from being in the hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun!
The Staff accountant will be our first finance role in the Americas and will be a key member of the global Finance team.
This position is responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly accounting functions specific to the accurate processing and recording of payroll, tax compliance, and processing AP payments related to financial close activities, for the Americas, along with other global tasks, as part of the Global team.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Human Resources team and our external 3rd party payroll vendor. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who can adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
This position offers the ability to learn, develop and grow your career while working for a dynamic and fast-growing private technology company.
Location: Burlington, MA (Hybrid Working Model)
What you will do:
- Gather payroll data from various relevant sources within the company, such as expenses, bonuses, commissions, salary changes, etc.
- Manage and administer payroll for employees on our payroll system, including inputting changes, processing semi-monthly payrolls, tracking payroll approvals, ensuring timelines are met, and accurate reporting of transactions.
- Payroll tasks related to on/off boarding for new/terminated employees and changes in employment terms.
- Provide service to all employees regarding questions about payroll, while troubleshooting any and all inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and other related laws and best practices.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll accounting process.
- Record day-to-day accounts payable, employee’s reimbursement and other financial transactions.
- Prepare and process monthly payments for accounts payable. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Experience working for a technology company and/or a global organization
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience, inclusive of payroll processing and general accounting
- Bachelor’s degree; Major in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Possess knowledge of payroll-related requirements and regulations
- System experience with TriNet and NetSuite a big plus
- Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and information obtained
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Perform with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite with an emphasis on strong excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Comfortable working in a multi-interface, fast paced environment
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT AQUA
Aqua Security helps enterprises secure their cloud native applications from development to production, whether they run using containers, serverless, or virtual machines. Aqua bridges the gap between DevOps and security, promoting business agility and accelerating digital transformation.
- Total of $265M in VC funding
- More than 400 enterprise customers across the globe
- Strategic partnerships with the major cloud native platform providers and public cloud providers
- At the forefront of open-source cloud native solutions and primary cyber security research
If you are ready to do your best, now is the perfect time to join Aqua! We are a global late stage start up, but still small enough for you to make a big impact. We have dedicated employees around the globe. And aside from being in a hot cloud security industry, we love to have fun! Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great company culture, amazing colleagues, international travel and lots more!