Join Aqua’s next generation of Experienced backend Developers
Founded by security veterans, Aqua Security recognizes that application containers present the next major development in data center technology. Containerized environments create a new opportunity to reinvent application security – more effectively and efficiently than ever.
Train with industry experts………
We are building a state of the art security platform for large enterprises in the exciting and innovative new field of software containers. Our systems are deployed on thousands of customer servers around the world. A distributed system to watch over distributed systems!
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our server team, in charge of developing Aqua's management console - a multi-component system with many responsibilities, performing various background jobs and large-scale data processing; supplying REST APIs, a web based UI and more.
In this role, you will take part in further development of our management console, writing features across the entire application stack: SQL queries, business logic, background processes, REST APIs and web-based user interfaces.
At Aqua, you will not be writing code for in-house applications. You will be writing code for large technology companies, banks, government agencies and multi-national chains.
Our product is composed of multiple components, mostly installed on-premise in our customer's cloud environments, but also has SaaS components, plugins for various CI/CD systems and many more. Almost everything runs inside containers. It is written in Go - an exciting new language from Google, and heavily depends on free software/open source components. Our web UI is currently written in VueJS. We are primarily a Linux company, but our software also supports Windows and Mac. Our R&D team is comprised of both young and experienced developers who love what they do. We are using cutting-edge technologies in an environment that encourages new ideas and experimentation.
Who are we looking for?
• Track record of delivering various features in large-scale applications or core systems. If you've written code in big data applications handling multitudes of data or real-time events, you're in.
• Experience writing multi-component systems or micro-services, with architectures requiring efficient inter-application communication. If you know what Kafka is, and think it's the bee's knees, we will think the same of you.
• Experience writing in a high-level language such as Go and Java. If you're already writing Go, or spent a weekend debugging the worse memory leak ever, that's a big plus.
• Experience writing APIs (either RESTful or not) and RPCs. If you've broken backwards compatibility for your customers once, and dealt with the fallout, we want you (to deal with the fallout again).
• Experience with RDBMS systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite) and/or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Couchbase). If you've written queries with more than two joins, or have a strong opinion of why an integer is better as a primary key (or maybe a UUID), we'd like to hear from you.
• Experience with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift is a plus. If you can name one way in which a container is different than a regular process, you're golden.
Why you should join Aqua
Now is the perfect time to join Aqua!
We have been Named Best Security Company of the Year at the Annual Cyber Security Awards 2019, we are growing but still small enough to make a big impact, have cool employees around the globe, and aside from being seen as a leader in a hot industry, we love to laugh and have fun!
Aqua also offers competitive comp and benefits, great culture, fun events, free drinks and snacks, international travel and lots more!