Director of Quality
About The Position
We are looking for a director of quality to join the engineering leadership team, reporting to the VP of Engineering to oversee the quality activities of the engineering department as a whole.
As a director of quality, you will be leading, defining, and executing the quality & automation strategy for our cloud-native security platform, a platform, which is hybrid, being offered both as a service (SaaS) and on the customer's premises.
We are looking for a leader with extensive experience around the quality domain, with a strong orientation to continuous integration & delivery while leveraging automation testing as the main gatekeeper of quality.
As we see it, quality is not just about testing, it relates to every step of our development lifecycle, starting from planning, implementing and releasing.
As a leader you will need to understand our customers usage of the platform and collaborate with all parties within the department in order to assure that the quality processes (which will be define by you) will be addressed by leveraging the infrastructure that you will put in place.
Aqua Security provides the next generation security solution for cloud native applications (Kubernetes, Docker, serverless), the fastest growing segment in software development and virtualization today. We are building a scalable security product that protects applications against internal and external threats, used by our customers, consisting of the world’s leading organizations in technology, banking, insurance, healthcare, travel, media and aerospace sectors.
- 8+ years of experience in the quality domain
- 4+ years of experience in driving quality framework, automation frameworks and architecture changes geared toward reducing software cycle times while improving quality
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps practices, including leveraging systems like Jenkins to automate tests in a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience in quality leadership roles for at least 5 years, managing large teams (10+)
- Deep understanding and experience around qulaity practices (SaaS experience is a must)
- Strong technical and leadership skills, proven ability to drive change
- Ability to engage people around goals, peers, managers and direct reports, with and without authority.
- High interest in understanding the product goals, customer journey and focus on the end-to-end user experience.
- Ability to challenge the different deliveries of the teams (test plans, positive/negative paths, effects on other uses cases etc.)
- Knowledge and experience around Linux/Docker/K8S
- Experience in cloud-native and security domains – an advantage