Software Engineer - Backend, SaaS Team
About The Position
Aqua Security enables enterprises to secure their container-based and cloud-native applications from development to production, accelerating cloud adoption and bridging the gap between DevOps and IT security.
Our SaaS team is building a state-of-the-art cloud and container security platform used by thousands of developers, businesses, and enterprises to keep their workloads secure. Our platform consists of multiple microservices based on Go, Node.js, MySQL, and MongoDB on the backend and Vue.js on the frontend. We use container and serverless technologies such as AWS API Gateway and Lambda and deploy our code to production hundreds of times per week using modern CI/CD processes.
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our SaaS team, responsible for developing APIs and web services that are part of Aqua’s growing cloud security platform. You should have experience developing in modern, SaaS-based environments.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop APIs and web services to extend the suite of functionality provided by our SaaS-based cloud and container security platform.
- Enhance the platform via development of new features, APIs, or code improvements.
- Work with a team of backend, frontend, and infrastructure engineers to build highly scalable, secure microservices.
- Build tooling required to manage users, accounts, and other data stored by our platform.
- Interact with cloud provider APIs and services to create distributed and scalable applications.
- Lead architecture and planning sessions, perform code reviews, and write documentation.
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product.
- Strong experience writing, testing, and delivering software written in Node.js, Go, or similar language.
- Experience with MySQL, or other similar databases.
- Ability to write scalable, well-documented, tested REST APIs.
- Experience interacting with cloud provider APIs – uploading files to AWS S3, querying lists of EC2 instances, etc.
- A willingness to dive into the nitty-gritty of API docs, write proof-of-concept code, and explore new cloud architecture.
- Familiarity with microservices, containers, and modern CI/CD deployment processes.
- Familiarity with running software in public cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- A secure software development foundation – a solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10 and other security guidelines.
- A startup and self-starter mindset – the ability to juggle multiple projects, mentor other engineers, and advocate for tools and processes to improve our developer experience.
- Experience working in remote and distributed teams.